Teacher Name :Zhenlei Zhou
Job Title: Professor, DVM, Ph.D
College of Veterinary Medicine,
Nanjing Agricultural University,
Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210095, China
Research Areas and Descriptors：
● Management of veterinary anesthesia and analgesia.
● Bone development and function in poultry; explore, assess and monitor innate and adaptive cell-mediated responses; etiology, pathology and treatment of femoral head necrosis in broilers, and osteoporosis in laying hens.
2004-2007 Ph.D. in Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University
2000-2003 M.S. in Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University
1992-1997 B.S. in Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University
2016-present Professor, Nanjing Agricultural University
2009-2015 Associate professor, Nanjing Agricultural University
2004-2008Lecturer, Nanjing Agricultural University
1997-2003 Teaching assistant, Nanjing Agricultural University
●Fundamental Techniques in Veterinary Surgery, lecture, undergraduate level
● Techniques in Large Animal Surgery, lecture, undergraduate level
●Veterinary Radiology Imaging, lecture, undergraduate level
●Small Animal Surgery, lecture, undergraduate level
●Advanced Clinical Veterinary Sciences, lecture, graduate level
● Veterinary Nursing, lecture, graduate level
●Advanced Small Animal Medicine, lecture, graduate level
2017-present Principle supervisor sponsored by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (NO.2017YFD0502205): Diagnosis and treatment of bovine respiratory disease.
2016-presentPrinciple supervisor sponsored bythe National Natural Science Foundation of China (No, 31572579): Mechanisms of endoplasmic reticulum stress regulating articularchondrocyte apoptosis in the development of femoral head necrosis inbroilers.
2011-2014Principle supervisor sponsored by the National Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province (BK.2011648): Regulation of Runx2 in the development of tibial dyschondroplasia in broilers.
2005-2007Project supervisor sponsored by Research Foundation of Nanjing Agricultural University (NO.KJ05014): Regulating mechanism of IGF-1and GH axis in the development of osteoporosis in cage layers.
2003-2005 Principle investigator sponsored by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC, NO.30270998): Study of the relationship between IGF-Ⅰgenetic polymorphism and osteoporosis in cage layers
● Senior Member, Chinese Association of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine
● Vice President, Small Animal Medicine Society of Chinese Association of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine
● Vice Secretary, Senior Member, Veterinary Surgery Society of Chinese Association of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine
●Senior Member, Veterinary Radiology Imaging Society of Chinese Association of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine
1. Zhang M, Shi C Y, Zhou Z L*, et al. Bone characteristics, histopathology, and chondrocyte apoptosis in femoral head necrosis induced by glucocorticoid in broilers[J]. Poultry Science, 2017, 96:1609–1614. * Correspondence author.
2. Zang M, He W, Du F, Wu G, Wu B, Zhou Z*. Analysis of the codon usage of the ORF2 gene of feline calicivirus[J]. Infection Genetics & Evolution, 2017, 54:54-59. * Correspondence author.
3. Wang S, Zhang P, Kong X, Xie S, Li Q, Li Z*, Zhou Z*. Delicate changes of bioapatite mineral in pig femur with addition of dietary xylooligosaccharide: Evidences from Raman spectroscopy and ICP[J]. Animal Science Journal, 2017, online.* Correspondence author.
4. Li Q, Zhao X, Wang S, Zhou Z*. Letrozole induced low estrogen levels affected the expressions of duodenal and renal calcium-processing gene in laying hens[J]. General & Comparative Endocrinology, 2018, 255:49-55.* Correspondence author.
5. Li Q, Lu L, Xie S, Zhang P, Wang S, Zhang X, Zhou Z*, Li Z*. Mineralogical changes of bioapatite in femoral bones of mice during pregnancy[J]. Spectroscopy Letters, 2017, 50(6):336-341.* Correspondence author.
6. Li Z, Li Q, Wang S J, Zhang L,Qiu J Y, Wu Y, Zhou Z L*. Rapid increase of carbonate in cortical bones of hens during laying period[J]. Poultry Science, 2016, 95,(12):2889-2894.* Correspondence author.
7. Zhao Z, Liu N, Yang L, Deng Y, Wang J, Song S, Lin S, Wu A, Zhou Z*, Hou J*.Multi-mycotoxin analysisof animal feed and animal-derived food usingLC-MS/MS system with timed and highly selective reaction monitoring[J]. Anal Bioanal Chem,2015,407:7359-7368.* Correspondence author.
8. Li P F , Zhou Z L* , Shi CY , Hou J F. Downregulation of basic fibroblast growth factor is associated withfemoral head necrosis in broilers[J]. Poultry Science, 2015,94(5):1052-9. * Correspondence author.
9. ZhangJ , Deng Y F, Ma H J, Hou J F , Zhou Z L*. Effect of transient receptor potential vanilloid 6 gene silencing on the expression of calcium transport genes in chicken osteoblasts[J].Poultry Science, 2015,94:395-401.* Correspondence author.
10. Zhang H, Zhou Z L* , Luo J W , Hou J F.Effects of corticosterone on the metabolic activity of cultured chicken chondrocytes[J].BMC Veterinary Research,2015,11: 86. * Correspondence author.
11. Ma R S, Zhou Z L*, Luo J W, Zhang H, Hou J F. The Ihh signal is essential for regulating proliferation and hypertrophy of cultured chicken chondrocytes[J]. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, Part B 166 (2013) 117–122.* Correspondence author.
12. Luo J W, Zhou Z L*, Zhang H, Ma R S, Hou J F. Bone response of broiler chickens (Gallus gallus domesticus) induced by corticosterone[J]. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, Part A 164 (2013) 410–416.* Correspondence author.
13. Zhenlei Zhou, Dawei Yao, Yan Qiu and Deji Yang. Microsatellite instability in Marek’s Disease Virus infected primary chicken embryo fibroblasts[J]. Virology Journal,2012, 9:193.
14. Zhou Z L, Rath N C, Huff G R, Huff W E, Rasaputra K S, Salas C, Coon C N. Bone Characteristics of 16 Wk-Old-Turkeys Subjected to Different Dietary Supplements and Simulated Stress[J]. International Journal of Poultry Science ,2011,10(5): 332-337.
15. Zhou Z L*, Deng Y L, Tao Q S, Hu Y F, Hou J F. Effects of Gushukang, a Chinese herbal medicine, on bone characteristics and osteoporosis in laying hens[J]. Poultry Science, 2009, 88:2342-2345.
16. Wang Y, Hou J F, Zhou Z L* . Chicken Receptor Activator of Nuclear Factor- B Ligand Induces Formation of Chicken Osteoclasts from Bone marrow cells and also directly activates mature osteoclasts[J]. Poultry Science, 2008, 87:2344-2349. * Correspondence author.