Teacher Name :QIAN，Yingjuan
Job Title: Professor
Address：Teaching Building B419-1
Research Areas and Descriptors：
Diagnosis and prevention of infectious diseases
Dr. Qian obtained a Master degree in 2003 from Nanjing Agricultural University, major in Preventive Veterinary Medicine with a research thesis on generation of a recombinant fowl poxvirus expressing gB epitopes; a PhD degree in 2008from University of Alabama at Birmingham, major in Cell Biology with emphasis on the research of p53 family protein-dependent tumorigenesis. After that, Dr. Qian had been worked as a Post-doctoral fellow at University of California at Davis from 2008 to 2013. Since 2013, Dr. Qian has been employed as a professor at College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, China. Dr. Qian’s research group is focused on: 1) virus-host interactions to understand herpesvirus pathogenesis, including MDV, PRV and BHV；2) Development of diagnosis, antiviral agents and vaccines for coronavirus, influenza, emerging and reemerging viruses. Dr. Jung has published more than 20 research papers in the well-known international journals and submitted 4 patents.
1. 2017.07 - 2020.12 National Key and Development Plan of China
2017YFD0520306 (P.I.); 2017YFD0501806 (Participate)
2. 2015.01 - 2018.12 National Natural Science Foundation31472218 (P.I.)
3. 2014.07 - 2017.06 Jiangsu Province Natural Science FoundationBK20140711 (P.I.)
4. 2014SRF for ROCS,SEM(1685)
5. 2014–2016 Fundamental Research Funds for the CentralUniversities
6. 2013– NAU startup funding
1st Author Research Articles(*Corresponding author)
1. Ming X,Bao CY, Hong T, Yang Y, Chen X, Jung YS, Qian Y*. Clusterin, a novel DEC1 target, modulates DNA damage-mediated cell death. Mol Cancer Res, 2018 (Accepted).
2. Lian X, Ming X, Xu J, Cheng W, Zhang X, Chen H, Ding C, Jung YS, Qian Y*. First molecular detection and characterization of Marek's disease virus in red-crowned cranes (Grus japonensis): a case report.BMC Vet Res, 2018,14(1):122.
3. Zhang Y#, Qian Y#, Zhang J, Yan W, Jung YS, Chen M, Lloyd K, Duan Y, Wang J, Liu G, and Chen X. Ferredoxin Reductase Is Critical for p53-Dependent Tumor Suppressionvia Iron Regulatory Protein 2, Genes&Dev. 2017,July 26. doi:10.1101/gad.299388.117(Co-First author)
4. Qian Y, Zhang J, Jung YS, and Chen X. DEC1 coordinates with HDAC8 to differentially regulate TAp73 and ΔNp73 expression. PLoSOne2014,Jan 3;9(1):e84015.
5. Berger BE, Qian Y*, Liu G, Chen H, and Chen X. p53, a target of estrogen receptor (ER) alpha, modulates DNA damage-induced growth suppression in ER-positive breast cancer cells. J. Biol. Chem. 2012,287(36):30117-27. (*Co-corresponding author)
6. Qian Y, Jung YS, and Chen X. Differentiated embryo-chondrocyte expressed gene 1 regulates p53-dependent cell survival versus cell death through macrophage inhibitory cytokine-1. Proc Natl AcadSci
. 2012,109(28):11300-5. (Commentary in Cell Cycle)
7. Qian Y, Jung YS, and Chen X. DeltaNp63, a target of DEC1 and histone deacetylase 2, modulates the efficacy 11of histone deacetylase inhibitors in growth suppression and keratinocyte differentiation. JBiol Chem. 2011,286(14):12033-41.
8. Qian Y and Chen X. ID-1, inhibitor of differentiation/DNA binding, is an effector of the p53-dependent DNA damage response pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008,283 (33): 22410-6.
9. Qian Y, Zhang J, Yan B, and Chen X. DEC1, a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor and a novel target gene of the p53 family, mediates p53-dependent premature senescence. J Biol Chem. 2008,283 (5): 2896-905.
Collaborated Research Articles:
1. Sun H, Yao W, Wang K, Qian Y, Chen H*, Jung YS*. Inhibition of neddylation pathway represses influenza virus replication and pro-inflammatory responses. Virology, 2018, 514:230-239.
2. Liu K, Zhou B, Wang F, Huan B, Shao D, Wei J, Qiu Y, Li B, Qian Y, Jung YS, Miao D, Tong G, and Ma Z. A conjugate protein containing HIV TAT, ISG20, and a PRRSV polymerase bindinginhibits PRRSV replication and may be a novel therapeutic platform. Res Vet Sci. 2017,113:13-20.
3. Liu K, Qian Y, Jung YS, Zhou B, Cao R, Shen T, Shao D, Wei J, Ma Z, Chen P, Zhu H, and Qiu Y. mosGCTL-7, a C-type lectin protein, mediates Japanese encephalitis virus infection in mosquitoes.J Virol2017,91(10):e01348-16.
4. Martinez P.L., Wang S, Luo A, He M, Duan X, Qian Y, Jung YS, Liu L, Voglmeir J. Diastereoselective One-Step Synthesis of 2-Keto-3-deoxy-D-glycero-D-galacto-nononic acid (KDN) Analogues as Templates for the Development of Influenza Drugs. Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis. 2017,359(18):3120-3125.
5. Wang W, Wang W, Du Y, Wu H, Yu X, Ye K, Li C, Jung YS, Qian Y, Voglmeir J, Liu L. Comparison of anti-pathogenic activities of the human and bovine milk N-glycome: Fucosylation is a key factor. Food Chemistry2017, 235:167-174.
6. Liu XD, Qian Y, Jung YSand Chen PY. Isolation and immunomodulatory activity of bursal peptide, a novel bursal peptide from the chicken bursa of Fabricius. J Vet Sci 2015,16(4):501-7.
7. Jiang Y, Zhang M, Qian Y, Xu E, Zhang J, Chen X. Rbm24, an RNA-binding protein and a target of p53, regulates p21 via mRNA stability. J Biol Chem. 2014, 289(6):3164-75.
8. Jung YS, Qian Y, Yan W, and Chen X. Pirh2 E3 ubiquitin ligase modulates keratinocyte differentiation through p63. J. Investi. Dermatol.2013,133(5): 1178-87.(*Top 1 in the dermatology field; Featured on MDlinx.com).
9. Jung YS, Qian Y, and Chen X. DNA polymerase eta is targeted by Mdm2 for polyubiquitination and proteasomal degradation in response to ultraviolet irradiation. DNA Repair (Amst). 2012,11(2):177-84.
10. Jung YS, Qian Y, and Chen X. The p73 tumor suppressor is targeted by Pirh2 RING finger E3 ubiquitin ligase for the proteasome-dependent degradation. J Biol Chem. 2011,286(41):35388-95.
11. Zhang Y, Qian Y, Lu W, and Chen X. The G protein-coupled receptor 87 is necessary for p53-dependent cell survival in response to genotoxic stress. Cancer Res. 2009, 69(15):6049-56.
Invited Review Articles
1. Ming X, Jung YS, Babiuk LA, Qian Y*. The Host Signaling Pathways Hijacked by On-cogenic Viruses. SM Vaccine Vaccin. 2017,3(1): 1020
2. Berger BE, Qian Y*, and Chen X. The p53-estrogen receptor loop in cancer. CurrMol Med. 2013,13(8):1129-40. (*Co-corresponding author)
3. Qian Y, Jung YS, and Chen X. DEC1 and MIC-1: new players of p53-dependent cell fate decision. Cell cycle. 2012,11(19):3525-6.
4. Jung YS, Qian Y, and Chen X. Pirh2 RING-finger E3 ubiquitin ligase: its role in tumorigenesis and cancer therapy. FEBS Lett. 2012,586, 1397-1402.
5. Jung YS, Qian Y, and Chen X. Examination of the expanding pathways for the regulation of p21 expression and activity. Cell Signal. 2010,22(7):1003-12.
6. Qian Y and Chen X. Tumor suppression by p53: making cells senescent. HistolHistopathol. 2010,25(4):515-26.
1. Qian Y and Chen X. Regulation of senescence by the p53 family. In: “Methods in Molecular Biology - Cell senescence”Humana Press. 2013,965:37-61.
Presentations & Seminars
2006 DEC1, a bHLH transcription factor, mediates p53-dependent cellular senescence, Oral presentation, UAB Department of Cell Biology Annual Retreat
2007 DEC1, a bHLH transcription factor and a novel target of the p53 family, mediates p53-dependent cellular senescence, Poster presentation, 13th Annual Cancer Research Symposium, UC Davis cancer center
2008 ID-1, inhibitor of differentiation/DNA binding, is an effector of the p53-dependent DNA damage response pathway, Oral presentation, 99thAACR Meeting, San Diego
2010 DeltaNp63a, a novel target of DEC1, mediates DEC1 function in keratinocyte differentiation”, Poster presentation, 15th International p53 Work Shop,
2011 DEC1 controls the response of p53-dependent cell survival versus cell death upon genotoxic stress, Invited talk, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China
2012 Estrogen receptor alpha transcriptionally regulates p53 in MCF7 human breast cancer cells, Poster presentation, 103rdAACR Meeting, Chicago
2014 DEC1: a new player in the p53 network. Invited talk, Department of Biology, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, South Korea
2015 The p53-DEC1 regulatory loop and its prospects in preventive veterinary medicine, Shanghai Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Shanghai
2017 Clusterin, a novel target of differentiated embryonic chondrocyte expressed gene 1, modulates DNA damage-induced cell death,Poster presentation,17thInternational p53 Work Shop, Singapore